Although there is no formal Branch currently in operation, Largly as a result of the sheer geographical spread of members across this area!
There are no regular meetings but there is usually an SOC 'presence' at gatherings organised by other clubs, motor museums or advertised on web forums (such as UKSaabs or Saab V4 Web).
The dates known so far for 2016 at which we will aim to be represented are:
- 24th Apr 'Drive It Day' 2016 - run organised by the Highland Classic Motor Club to support FBHVC Drive It Day 2016. Meet at the V8 Cafe, Inverness for 11am departure. Coffee stop en route followed by onward run to a lunch venue. Destination tbc.
- 1st May Forres Theme Day
- 21st May Rotary Club of East Sutherland Classic Car Tour, Dornoch
- 22nd May Grampian Transport Museum, Alford, Aberdeenshire - "How Many Left" event for 'nearly classic' vehicles with fewer than 500 examples on the road
- 29th May Vintage Day, Highland Folk Museum, Newtonmore
- Aug (date tbc) Historic Wheels Vintage Car Rally, Brodie Castle, Morayshire
- 21st Aug Royal Deeside Speed Festival, Kincardine Castle, Kincardine O'Neil, Aberdeenshire - the event will be based around a speed hillclimb with a range of high quality trade stands and motoring attractions which complement the event.
- 4th Sept Grantown on Spey "Motor Mania"
Should anyone wish to hook up with other Saab enthusiasts in the North of Scotland please contact: